Monday, September 24, 2007

Solo Cross-Country Number TWO

(click for a larger image)
The trusty Cessna Aerobat 152



(click for an enlarged view)

Today I completed my second solo cross-country from Austin to Brenham (11R) then to Easterwood Field (Aggieland CLL) and back to Austin Bergstrom (AUS). From the ground the weather looked great but the winds aloft were shifty and the thermals made for some bumpy flying. I was not able to reach my primary planned altitudes on the outbound and inbound legs due to the "VFR 500 feet below" cloud requirement. My navigation logs worked pretty well with the only missed checkpoint being the TOC points (top of climbout). All the other checkpoints were hit within 3 minutes of estimated time. Measured fuel consumption matched my pre-flight calculations nicely. Shown above is the GPS track log of my flight.

Brenham Airport (11R)

College Station Airport (CLL)


All-in-all the flight went smoothly (except for the bumpy ride).
I am now finished with the solo XC requirements for the FAA Private Pilot
license!

-CT
9/24/2007

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another milestone, bro! I am still waiting for you to issue the marketing card on your flight charges for Charlie's Air Taxi Service. Love, Jeanie

6:33 PM  
Blogger Rhonda Carpe said...

Congrats Charlie!

9:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home